A memorable customer experience is more crucial today than ever.
The fact is that many transactions that once upon a time could only be done with human interaction can now be completed electronically, whether on the computer or an app on a cell phone.
𝗡𝗼𝘄, 𝘄𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗹𝘁𝗵𝘆 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗯𝗲𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗿𝗮𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗲𝗰𝗵𝗻𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮 𝘃𝗮𝗹𝘂𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗲𝘁 𝘁𝗼 𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘀.
Our goal should not be to simply do what other agencies are doing better, but rather be the only agency doing things a certain way.
𝗜𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻’𝘁 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗼 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗹𝘆, 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗮 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝘀𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗮𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗰𝘂𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝘅𝗽𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲.
View your customer’s experience through the lens of the customer.
While we used to include the physical atmosphere of the office in a customer experience deep dive, in today’s climate, it’s more about a virtual connection.
Here are some questions to help you evaluate your customer’s experience:
- 𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒄𝒖𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒘𝒂𝒍𝒌 𝒊𝒏 𝒐𝒓 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒏?
- 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈? 𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒅𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒐𝒔𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅?
- 𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒂 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 (𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒄𝒂𝒏’𝒕 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒆𝒏)?
- 𝑰𝒔 𝒊𝒕 𝒂 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚 𝒅𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏?
- 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒃𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒙𝒕 𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒌?
- 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒆𝒙𝒑𝒆𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒃𝒆 𝒔𝒐 𝒎𝒆𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒇𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖?
You know that we operate in a highly competitive, commoditized industry. What we sell is intangible. We’re selling a promise.
Customers cannot see, touch, smell, taste or feel that promise.
T𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗳𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿 𝘄𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗼𝗳𝗳𝗲𝗿 𝗶𝘀 𝗨𝗦 — 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗲𝗼𝗽𝗹𝗲!
While embracing technology is crucial for us to remain relevant in this modern-day world, it’s imperative that we work harder than ever to remain a valuable asset for our customers.
Learn more strategies to stand out, plus avoid making the same mistakes Scott did during his early agency years, in this online training.